AtlantaStuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AtlantaStuck

Where the fans of the ATL come together

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post-Momocon Chat Thread

Go down 
+5
gamersFolly
kinoge
nocturnalparadox
Amyrlin
babestuck
9 posters
AuthorMessage
babestuck
God Tier
God Tier
babestuck

Post-Momocon Chat Thread Empty
PostSubject: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Share stories/pictures/good things/bad things/anything !! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amyrlin
God Tier
God Tier
Amyrlin

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 pm

I for one am tired to all hell out
Back to top Go down
nocturnalparadox
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
nocturnalparadox

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am

ahh con was so much fun... (aside from con staff being rude as hell)
i met great people and everyone was really nice
cant wait til next con!!
Back to top Go down
babestuck
God Tier
God Tier
babestuck

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:52 am

nocturnalparadox wrote:
cant wait til next con!!
what did the con staff do? i didn't hear about them causing any trouble
Back to top Go down
kinoge
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
kinoge

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm

It was amazing. It was the first time I felt accepted at a con. I really loved it, even though my cosplay wasn't the best thing ever, nobody judged me. Very Happy I made a bunch of friends as well.
Back to top Go down
gamersFolly
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
gamersFolly

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

I had a great time at the convention. Made a few friends, and hoping to join the Atlanta stuck group for meetups in the future now.
Back to top Go down
hallow-marshmallow
Rust Blood
Rust Blood

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

i was sooooo geeked up to see everybody! the group at the photoshoot was enormous, so much bigger than last years turn out. it was so nice to see everyone there

unfortunately i didn't get to go to the ask a sburban panel (i was exhausted, with only 6 hours of sleep since wednesday, an wrapped up in aradiabot armor) but just seeing everyone at the con made me so proud of our gray-painted family
Back to top Go down
angstkitten
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
angstkitten

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm

babestuck wrote:
nocturnalparadox wrote:
cant wait til next con!!

idk about the person who posted this, but for me on friday one of the staff was bring really rude and told us that registration/pick up was closed at 6:30 ish and blocked off the way to get in the line. she was acting really rude and complaining that she had been there since 7 so we should not try to pick up our badges. dan and i were about to cry because we just spent 2 hours on makeup for nothing. thankfully we still decided to stay and just walk around so we saw about an hour or so later that we could still pick up badges and that the girl lied to us :-/

but as for the con, it was very nice. every homestuck was really sweet, it made me really happy to see some younger homestucks get really excited about cosplaying and seeing others in cosplay. no one was really rude to us as homestucks except for a group of elitist non-hs cosplayers who basically were talking loudly i earshot of us about how homestuck is weird and that it's "entry level cosplay".
Back to top Go down
babestuck
God Tier
God Tier
babestuck

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:46 pm

angstkitten wrote:
babestuck wrote:
nocturnalparadox wrote:
cant wait til next con!!

idk about the person who posted this, but for me on friday one of the staff was bring really rude and told us that registration/pick up was closed at 6:30 ish and blocked off the way to get in the line. she was acting really rude and complaining that she had been there since 7 so we should not try to pick up our badges. dan and i were about to cry because we just spent 2 hours on makeup for nothing. thankfully we still decided to stay and just walk around so we saw about an hour or so later that we could still pick up badges and that the girl lied to us :-/

but as for the con, it was very nice. every homestuck was really sweet, it made me really happy to see some younger homestucks get really excited about cosplaying and seeing others in cosplay. no one was really rude to us as homestucks except for a group of elitist non-hs cosplayers who basically were talking loudly i earshot of us about how homestuck is weird and that it's "entry level cosplay".
aaaah sigh, just gotta shrug off the homestuck hating idiots i guess =~=

gamersFolly wrote:
I had a great time at the convention. Made a few friends, and hoping to join the Atlanta stuck group for meetups in the future now.
aww well welcome! we'd be glad to have ya at any other meets Smile
Back to top Go down
gamersFolly
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
gamersFolly

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I didn't really have anything happen with the staff, but Little Kuriboh asked to get a picture of me in my John cosplay and that just made my con.

Also I came home yesterday with a new ship thanks to a conversation I had with a Jane Crocker and her older sister.
Back to top Go down
Amyrlin
God Tier
God Tier
Amyrlin

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:19 pm

angstkitten wrote:
babestuck wrote:
nocturnalparadox wrote:
cant wait til next con!!

About the registration, it was a fact that we(I was registration staff too) had to stop the line at some point or we would never be able to leave this was a volunteer job not a paid one. And registration did close at 7 on friday. But I am sorry that it happened to you but hopefully next time you and your friends would be able to get to registration earlier and not encounter this problem again. Smile
Back to top Go down
nocturnalparadox
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
nocturnalparadox

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

angstkitten wrote:
babestuck wrote:
nocturnalparadox wrote:
cant wait til next con!!

i didnt have a trouble with registration...but i felt like staff was a lot more forceful this year...and i i went to report harassment to staff(like someone threatening to get physical with me and my group of friends) and the lady basically just told me to leave if i had a problem with it because they couldn't do anything...i was scared for a while...i locked myself in a friends room for like two hours because this guy like...followed me after making threats at me..my friend was the one that made me go try and report it...last time i checked con security is there to make sure con goers are safe.... *shrugs* it just really bothered me that the staff member just kind of ignored that threats were being thrown at people...
Back to top Go down
unicoto
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
unicoto

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm

nocturnalparadox wrote:
i didnt have a trouble with registration...but i felt like staff was a lot more forceful this year...and i i went to report harassment to staff(like someone threatening to get physical with me and my group of friends) and the lady basically just told me to leave if i had a problem with it because they couldn't do anything...i was scared for a while...i locked myself in a friends room for like two hours because this guy like...followed me after making threats at me..my friend was the one that made me go try and report it...last time i checked con security is there to make sure con goers are safe.... *shrugs* it just really bothered me that the staff member just kind of ignored that threats were being thrown at people...
reporting harrassment to con staff seems like kind of a gamble depending on who you report to. there was actually a samus that commented on the momocon fbook page about how one of the staff said around the same thing when she reported multiple people for making sexual remarks towards her. it's really ridiculous since, to my knowledge, the con staff can at least go up to assholeish people and tell them to knock it off or even threaten to kick them out of the con and take their badge. but i guess not every staff person does this?? idk i'd honestly just suggest going to another staff member if you have to ESPECIALLY if you have someone following you around. if all else, find a hotel staff member or a legit security guard and report that shit. i'm really sorry you had to go through that, though. ): my friend and i had something similar happen at d*con with somebody threatening us and it was really terrifying. and that lady telling you to leave if you had a problem????? wow that is absolutely fucking ridiculous. she should be saying that to the guy who threatened you l o l.
Back to top Go down
valuan
Rust Blood
Rust Blood
valuan

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Man its sad to hear that some people had bad moments during the con. As for myself, I had some trouble with my cosplay on Friday and ended up changing cosplays quite a bit. I enjoyed the Friday and Saturday photoshoots though and I was surprised that we had some extra people show up for the personal godtier group.

Otherwise, the group for the Saturday shoot was HUGE. It was a bit of a hassle to get everyone organized for it but I think we'll scout out a better location for next year's shoot. At least AWA will have a better place for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Momocon Chat Thread   Post-Momocon Chat Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post-Momocon Chat Thread
Page 1 of 1